What are Winter Water Sports?
Winter Water Sports are fundraising events where people raise money to plunge into cold water during Winter.
We offer nine Winter Water Sports events annually:
- Penguin Plunge
- Prep School Plunge
- High School Plunge
- Middle School Plunge (new this year!)
- Winni Dip (formerly Community Dip)
- Law Enforcement Dip
- High School Dip (formerly Cool Schools Dip)
- Middle School Dip (new this year!)
- Mega Dip
What is a Dipper?
A Dipper is a person who participates in one of our Dip events (Law Enforcement Dip, High School Dip, Middle School Dip, Mega Dip or Winni Dip).
What if I haven’t met the fundraising minimum?
We would like to deliver Survival Packs to our Dippers. To do that we will guarantee your Survival Pack is delivered if the minimum amount is raised by March 6th. Packs are guaranteed to be delivered by March 11th!
Don’t panic if you haven’t met the minimum by March 6th. You can complete a deferred payment form which will record a credit card number.
This allows additional time to reach the fundraising minimum and still guarantee that you will receive your Survival Pack by the March 11th! If you are unable to meet the minimum by April 30th, we will process your card with the outstanding balance on May 1st.
If you hit the fundraising minimum after March 6th, we will do everything we can to get your Survival Pack to you in time.
How do I hand in my cash and check donations?
Drop off any cash or checks to any New Hampshire TD Bank! Make sure when you arrive to the TD Bank you do the following:
- Let the teller know you would like to deposit in the “Special Olympics Dip” account
- Write your name on the deposit slip so we can credit the funds to your Dip
- Take a picture of the deposit receipt and email it, along with any applicable cash donor record forms, to SpecialOlympics@sonh.org
- Funds will be credited to your Dip, donors will be thanked and the donation will be added to your online fundraising page. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing.
- Find a TD Bank in NH near you here
Don’t live near a TD Bank?
- Mail checks to SONH at PO Box 3598 Concord, NH 03302
- Please do not mail cash. If you have cash donations, please use the offline donation feature on your Plunge page or transfer cash to a money order at a local bank and mail that to us!
Can I share the funds I raised with another participant?
Yes! You can transfer funds from one person to another. Please email SpecialOlympics@sonh.org with the name of the Dipper that you would like to give funds to and the amount, and we’ll make the change.