By signing up to take the dip you're helping Special Olympics New Hampshire (SONH) to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills, and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community.
To ensure SONH can continue to support its athletes, each Dipper needs to raise a minimum of $2,500 to participate.
The fastest and easiest way to raise money is by creating your own fundraising web page. When you register online for the Dip, you will be prompted to make your own fundraising page. Customize your page and send it to everyone you know through email and social media.
Donors can use a credit card to donate directly to your Dip on your fundraising page. All donors will receive an email that includes a receipt for their tax-deductible donation.
You can also collect donations by cash and check and hand them in to any New Hampshire TD Bank. Checks should be made payable to “SONH.” Cash donations should be recorded on the cash donor record form. All cash and check donors will be mailed (or emailed) an acknowledgment of their tax-deductible donation. For details on how you can hand in your cash and check donation, please check out the 'How do I hand in my cash and check donation?' section of our FAQs.
- Set a goal and reach it in manageable steps
- Encourage your donors to ask their employers about matching gifts.
- Set up your email signature to include a link to your fundraising page.
- If you don’t get an answer the first time you ask, ask again! Many times people mean to donate, but they don’t get around to it. Friendly reminder emails, progress updates, etc., help to nudge the process along. It is also helpful to remind people of the event date and by when you need to collect all donations.
- Remind people why you Dip. Winter Water Sports are the single largest revenue stream for Special Olympics New Hampshire!
Best Dip Photo, Video or Costume:
However you Dip this year we want pictures or videos! Submit your best Dip photos, videos, and costumes by March 18th for a chance to win cash prizes! Winners will be announced Friday, March 25th! Learn how to submit your photos and videos here.
- 1st Place individual fundraiser - $500 TD Bank Card
- 2nd Place individual fundraiser - $250 TD Bank Card
- 3rd Place individual fundraiser - $100 TD Bank Card
Submit your Best Photo, Video, and Costume entries here: Photo/Video/Costume Contest