What are Winter Water Sports?
Winter Water Sports are fundraising events where people raise money to plunge into cold water during Winter.
We offer seven Winter Water Sports events annually:
• Penguin Plunge
• High School Plunge
• Law Enforcement Winni Dip
• Prep School Plunge
• Cool School Winni Dip
• Community Winni Dip
• Mega Winni Dip
What is a Plunger?
A Plunger is a person who participates in one of our Plunge events (Penguin Plunge, High School Plunge or Prep School Plunge).
What if I haven’t met the fundraising minimum?
We would like to deliver pails to our Plungers. To do that we will guarantee your pail is delivered if the minimum amount is raised by January 29th. Pails are guaranteed to be delivered by February 5th!
Don’t panic if you haven’t met the minimum by January 29th. You can complete a deferred payment form which will record a credit card number. This allows you 30 more days to reach the fundraising minimum and still guarantee that you will recieve your Plunge pail by the 5th. If you are unable to meet the minimum 30 days after the event, we will process your card with the outstanding balance.
If you hit the fundraising minimum after January 29th, we will do everything we can to get your pail to you in time.
How do I hand in my cash and check donations?
Drop off any cash or checks to any New Hampshire TD Bank! Make sure when you arrive to the TD Bank you do the following:
- Let the teller know you would like to deposit in the “Special Olympics Plunge” account
- Write your name on the deposit slip so we can credit the funds to your Plunge
- Take a picture of the deposit receipt and email it, along with any applicable cash donor record forms, to SpecialOlympics@sonh.org
- Funds will be credited to your Plunge, donors will be thanked and the donation will be added to your online fundraising page. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing.
- Find a TD Bank in NH near you here
Don’t live near a TD Bank?
- Mail checks to SONH at PO Box 3598 Concord, NH 03302
- Please do not mail cash. If you have cash donations, please use the offline donation feature on your Plunge page or transfer cash to a money order at a local bank and mail that to us!
Can I share the funds I raised with another participant?
Yes! You can transfer funds from one person to another. Please email SpecialOlympics@sonh.org with the name of the Plunger that you would like to give funds to and the amount, and we’ll make the change.